- Fund- and Friend-Raising from the Crowd
- Why Teach “The Star Spangled Banner” Today?—It’s Who We Are
- Support the Arts in Michigan—Bill 4407 Promises to Create an Arts Funding License Plate
- A ‘World Premiere’ Recording of “The Star Spangled Banner”?
- The Spirit of Music Business Success: Ella Riot Speaks
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Three members of the band Ella Riot (formerly My Dear Disco) came to my Introduction to Musicology / American Music course this morning and instead of my normal overview lecture on popular music we had a “fireside chat” about real … Continue reading
The sustainable musician makes music now in ways that nurture music tomorrow. Like an organic farmer, the sustainable musician enriches the cultural soil to increase our human capacity for expression. Sustainable music is both art making and arts advocacy; it … Continue reading
Arts Enterprise (AE) is a network of extracurricular entrepreneurship clubs, linking business and arts schools across the United States. Yet, the longer I’m involved with AE’s efforts to bring business and the arts together to enhance both, the less satisfactory … Continue reading