- Fund- and Friend-Raising from the Crowd
- Why Teach “The Star Spangled Banner” Today?—It’s Who We Are
- Support the Arts in Michigan—Bill 4407 Promises to Create an Arts Funding License Plate
- A ‘World Premiere’ Recording of “The Star Spangled Banner”?
- The Spirit of Music Business Success: Ella Riot Speaks
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
On the occasion of the 199th birthday of the US national anthem “The Star-Spangled Banner,” I thought it’d be worth taking some time to reflect on the meaning of the song and specifically the question of why it’s important for … Continue reading
Today—March 12, 2013—Michigan State Representative Douglas A. Geiss, with the support of seven co-sponsors from both parties, introduced House Bill 4407 (2013) to create an arts fundraising automobile license plate for the State of Michigan. The bill will create an … Continue reading
Three members of the band Ella Riot (formerly My Dear Disco) came to my Introduction to Musicology / American Music course this morning and instead of my normal overview lecture on popular music we had a “fireside chat” about real … Continue reading
The sustainable musician makes music now in ways that nurture music tomorrow. Like an organic farmer, the sustainable musician enriches the cultural soil to increase our human capacity for expression. Sustainable music is both art making and arts advocacy; it … Continue reading